Thursday, September 5, 2013

email | August 27, 2013

Transfer Week!!!


Okay, so this week has been pretty awesome, well the last few days at least.  The rest of last Monday through last Wednesday were pretty normal.  We just stopped by members and less actives trying to set up appointments.  Then, on Thursday, everything got really exciting.

First off, we got training calls.  Some of my friends in the district got calls informing them that they will be training this coming transfer.  It's really cool to see but also scary because they are training after only 3 months, so I might have that coming up in a month and a half.  For most of Thursday morning we helped our bishop set up for his daughter's wedding reception.  After awhile, we had to go on some quick exchanges because (drum roll please).....    WE GOT A NEW INVESTIGATOR!!!!!  Basically, the other missionaries were passing him off to us so he'd have one familiar face and one unfamiliar face.  I was going to go, but the other missionary couldn't drive yet, so Elder Henderson went with him instead.  But it doesn't matter because we have a new investigator!!!  He is super golden and told us he believes the Book of Mormon is true, he quit coffee on his own two weeks ago now, and he knows he needs to get baptized.  The only thing is that he has a bunch of lame excuses, and he even admits that they are lame excuses.  So we may have a baptism here in a few weeks :)

On Friday, we went to Park Lake Ward's ward camp out and had hot chocolate and marshmallows with them, so that was fun.  On Saturday we went up to the camp out again for their lunch and corn bust.  To explain, around here there is a town called Tabor.  They mainly grow corn there, but it is supposedly the best corn in the world. So, at the end of every harvest, corn stands pop up everywhere and everyone buys the corn to eat.  Plus, the wards buy it in bulk to have "Corn Busts" where the primary food is corn on the cob.  At Park Lake's there was also pulled pork sandwiches but people pretty much focused on the corn.  It actually really is the best corn I've ever had and we've had it with most of our meals the past few weeks.

On Sunday we had ward council in 12th Ward, the first time since I've been here.  I really enjoyed it and we got a lot of help from the auxiliary leaders.  Then we had an appointment cancel on us and then dinner.  After dinner, we went to teach the other investigators that I mentioned last week.  This was my first real investigator lesson and I had such a great time.  She had a ton of questions about this and that and we answered all of them boldly.  Some I thought for sure would make her angry if we told her the full truth, but we were bold and she appreciated it.  I think that with time, she, and her family, will be baptized.  Monday was decent as well.  We tried to contact a referral, but they weren't interested, so yeah.  
Then you have today, P-day.  It was freaking fantastic!!!  First we checked our email's for transfer notices.  So now for the moment of truth....  I'm staying in the 12th Ward with Elder Henderson.  I don't know how I feel yet because both wards have awesome people.  Plus, Park Lake has a ton more work to do than 12th.  We are really going to struggle trying to fill our days, unless the members step up and get us referrals! ;)  Then, we had a great time doing our activity, which was a temple trip to Cardston. So I think that answer's several of your questions.  It is about 40 minutes away and super cool.  The inside is nothing like other temples, it's very woody, like wood panelling so it is darker colors.  Plus we got to see the new movie!!!  It is very awesome and I like it a lot better.  It was very nice to go with our whole zone and have that experience.  And that brings us to right now, me emailing you.

I got a lot of emails today, So thank you everyone for showing your support and love.  I really appreciate it.  Always remember to be awesome and do the things you know are right.  I love you all and I can't wait to hear more from home and to give you updates on our awesome investigator.
 
With lot's of love,


Elder Wake


No comments:

Post a Comment