Sunday, October 13, 2013

email | September 30, 2013

110 km/hr winds...... need I say more?

Yup, that is the forecast for today.  Also for the coming week the high is 14 degrees.... so yeah, it's getting cold.  Actually it's not too bad yet, especially since it's supposed to be minus 30 on a frequent basis.  I'm both nervous and excited for the coming winter.

First off, I apologize for a shorter email, I don't have too much to report.  The update for our investigators is that Randy was out of town the entire week and Nicole kept cancelling our appointments, for very legitimate reasons.  But her kids are reading and praying so it's not all bad.  

As for less active work, we got in with a family that always cancelled on us before!  Its been months and a half dozen no show or cancelled appointments since we last taught them, but this time they were actually home!!  We also met with another less active that is tough to meet with.  We had a nice lesson with him and he had some questions/concerns that we are going to get to answer next appointment.  Then, we met with the main less active family that we teach frequently.  They are going through some super hard trials and yesterday we gave them our suggestions on how to get through them.  They definitely seemed to get something out of it and I hope that it helped them.  They both said that they'd make it out to General Conference so that is good.

If any of you are keeping detailed track of time (which I suspect isn't very many people), this week is board week.  Pretty much everyone, including myself, is expecting me to get a training call.  I'm super nervous but for not the normal reasons.  I think that I can train well and be a good first companion to some missionary, but I am super scared to lead the area.  I don't feel "old" enough to be the missionary in charge of 12th ward.  To make things more scary, there is a slim (and I mean very slim) chance that I could also be made district leader too.  They normally keep one area as a district leader area, so if I'm training and the area doesn't change this transfer, I'll be district leader.  Like I said, that is very unlikely but the possibility is still there.  I really just want Wednesday to come so I'm not in the dark.  

On a happier note, if I'm training, that means that my first Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's will be spent here in Lethbridge.  I'm super excited for all of those, especially Thanksgiving, which is in like two weeks.  That's right, be jealous!!  And according to other missionaries, if you are American, other American members will invite you over for U.S. Thanksgiving too.  That means two Thanksgivings!!!!!

That's pretty much it.  Like I said, I don't really have to much to say.  Hopefully next email will have a ton of stuff going on!!  In the meantime, have a great week and keep being the best that you can be.

I love you all so much and your support and prayers mean everything to me.

Love,

Elder Wake

No comments:

Post a Comment