Interesting Week...
Okay, so I don't know where to begin. First of all, thank you to everyone for the support you show to me in your emails, letters, and other messages. I love everyone and it makes me happy to know that you are thinking of me.
Soooooo..... I don't know how to put this lightly, so I'll just say it. My companion went home. It doesn't matter to you why, he just did. The Zone Leaders and I passed him on to President on Sunday and he flew home Monday. Since Sunday, after Sacrament meeting, I have been staying with the Zone Leaders. During the day I kinda just change hands every once in a while, depending on when my appointments are and when other Elders' appointments are. Like for dinners, I take some YSA Elders that don't have dinners. I'll be honest, it kinda sucks but it's getting better. Just to stem the tide of questions here is all I know. Right now, I don't really have a place to be and so I'm staying wherever I want (always with other Elders though). I don't know when or if I'll get a new companion this transfer. President might just put me with a set of Elders and we'll be a trio for the rest of the transfer. Then again, I could be transferred early if a spot "opens up" somewhere else. Basically, I have no idea what's going to happen to me and so I take it a day at a time.
Now that I got that out of the way, I'll share the other big news. It snowed!!! And not a little either, like 6 or 7 inches. It snowed all day Sunday and Monday morning. The high for today is supposed to be -3 Celsius, but later in the week it's supposed to warm up to as much as +7 degrees. It is beautiful to see all of the snow but the cold kinda sucks. Luckily I have a car now, kinda. The Zone Leaders have a car and since I'm with them I get to be in a car! I'll include some pictures in this email.
As for the work, we picked up a new investigator!! His name is Chris and some members "found" him. He is a very good handy man and so this family called him to see if he could help install a dishwasher. He came and helped and they became friends. Then the family gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read some of it. We had dinner and FHE with the family and Chris last Monday, and taught him about the Book of Mormon and he was really receptive and understood everything. Hopefully this weekend we can meet with him again and have another lesson. As for Randy, he hasn't changed, so not much to say there. Then there are the boys. Their mom keeps cancelling our appointments so we haven't met with them in quite a while. Every time she actually responds she ends up cancelling the appointment she sets up. Plus they are moving soon, so we will not be teaching them for very much longer.
And I guess that wraps up my week. Sorry it's shorter than usual, or maybe that's a good thing, but I don't know what else to say.
I love you all and hope that your week is warm and fun and exciting. Be safe on Halloween and don't be afraid to send me some candy :)
Love,
Elder Wake
No comments:
Post a Comment