Tuesday, November 12, 2013

email | November 12, 2013

Another email... with an exciting twist!


So basically this week has been pretty awesome. I'm still living with the zone leaders and am loving it. Elder Maxwell is super nice and helps me out a lot and Elder Browning is just a really good friend. Together, we are always laughing and I'm learning a lot from them. I secretly hope that somehow me and Elder Browning can stay together and be zone leaders that cover two wards, but that's not going to happen.

Anyway, this week has been great investigator wise. First of all, Ben and Beth. We taught them Tuesday evening and it was a great lesson! They know everything already. They basically told me that they want to take the lessons only because it is a requirement to get baptized. Which leads into my next point. They told me that "The Holy Spirit has testified to us that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a Prophet". Their words by the way... then I asked if they would be baptized and they said yes. So the next day they said that they had prayed and that they felt that January 1st is the day for them to be baptized and that December 13 is the day for them to get married. They came to church and were super involved in everything and were commenting during Sunday School and Elders Quorum / Relief Society. You couldn't ask for a more golden pair of investigators!!

As for the others, Blake and Keanon have moved, Randy has been out of town, and Chris we've only met with once, which was last night. It wasn't the best lesson because the Elder I was with was trying to take the lead and was taking it somewhere that I didn't want it to go. So it was a mess of a lesson, but Chris did say that he would be willing and would like to learn more to help bring peace to his life. And that is better than nothing. Lastly, some other missionaries said they will have a referral for me that is pretty promising. So I'm excited!!

As for other things, it is very cold here and is snowing at least once a week. The sun sets super early, like at 5:00 it's already dark. On Friday Elder Schizer of the 2nd Quorum of Seventy is coming to our mission!! It's exciting but also scary because he's going to do surprise interviews with random missionaries. Plus he might come with some of us to the lessons we have! I'm kinda scared but also excited. I'll let you know how it goes down.


Thank you everyone for you support and prayers. I love you all and as usual, if you have any questions or just wanna talk, feel free to email me. Have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Wake


No comments:

Post a Comment