So this past Wednesday I was transferred! It was kinda a shock but also kinda expected. I went from one of the most southerly places to one of the most northerly places! I'm now in the Calgary North Zone which is one zone south of the northernmost zone. I don't know what to say about it. It is extremely different from Lethbridge because it's a big city. Some of the downtown skyscrapers are in my zone! There is no real open spaces here and the area is a lot bigger. To make things worse, we don't have a car :( most of the ward lives an hour walk or more away from us. It makes things tricky but that's okay. The worst part of Transfers is that I had to leave my two investigators (Ben and Beth) and since I'm so far north, there is no chance of me going to their baptism. But something that happened up here made it a little better, but I'll talk on that more.
Calgary is a very diverse city, way more diverse than Lethbridge. There are a lot of Asians here, about 1000% more than my previous zone. The people are also a little more poor too. It's a very different environment than I'm used to, but I'm also excited to get a new experience.
So, I said something awesome happened already. Well, we have this investigator, Roberto, who we taught on Friday. As we were teaching him he was saying things like how he couldn't be baptized until he knew everything and he was fully clean of sin. We told him that Baptism was the gate and the start of the journey, not the finish. He didn't really agree and said he would probably be baptized in 6 months or a year or something. So I was super bold and promised him that if he would come to church and keep a open heart with real intent, the spirit would tell him he needed to be baptized and when. I also said it would be a lot sooner than he expected. I've never been that bold before, and was scared I offended him. But after church on Sunday, his daughter was talking to him and he told her to tell us to pick a baptism date a few weeks a way!! My promise came true!! I was so happy and when we meet with him on Wednesday we will put him on date for probably the 14th.
Well, I don't know what else to say today. It has been an interesting week. Oh! I know, I almost forgot the big news!!! We are getting another visitor from the Church this transfer. It is last minute but we got the email this morning to prepare spiritually for his coming. He wants us to read and study three talks and he will even ask us questions and let us ask him questions. It's going to be pretty sweet and since he'll be in Calgary not the south, I'll be able to see him in person. I won't be mean and withhold the name for another week, so I'll say it now. The one, the only, Elder David A. Bednar is coming to Calgary Canada!!!! I'm pretty excited for him to come and I'm excited for him to teach us!!!

Other than that, nothing much is happening. Have a great week and stay safe! I love you all.
Love,
Elder Wake
No comments:
Post a Comment