Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Heavenly Father answers prayers!

If you remember from this post, my friend Jamie and her parents briefly visited Braden and delivered a package to him. In an email, Braden mentioned that he was worried they wouldn't be able to deliver the package because he accidentally gave my mom the wrong address. He prayed all week that everything would work out - and if you read that post, then you know that it did. But it wasn't until after I wrote about his side of that experience that we learned how much more of a miracle it truly was.

Jamie shared with me their side of the story:

"Hey! I just read the post about Braden getting the package. I'm so glad we could help him out. It was fun to read his side of the story. I guess I should tell you our side of the story. We got up to Canada, and through Saturday/Sunday, I was wondering how we were going to get the package to him. I knew that your mom had sent my mom the address that Braden had sent her, so I think we had just planned on going by and dropping it off at some time. On Sunday though, my mom was trying to find the text with the address on it from your mom on her phone. She couldn't find it. We couldn't figure out what had happened to it. She NEVER deletes her texts. (I don't know if she even knows how, haha.) But we just couldn't find it. My aunt that lives in Braden's stake just happened to come to my grandma's church for a missionary farewell, and I mentioned that to her. She said she didn't know where the missionaries (Braden and his companion) lived, but she could find out their phone number. We were able to find his phone number, and later Sunday evening we called them and stopped by. My mom kept on thinking it was so weird that the text with the address just disappeared...but after reading Braden's email, I know why. I told my mom about that just barely, and we both kind of teared up, thinking of how Heavenly Father absolutely just loves his missionaries, and hears and answers their prayers."

Isn't that just amazing? I think it really strengthened all of our testimonies of prayer and that God truly does hear and answer our prayers. We are also definitely grateful for the knowledge that He is looking out for Braden while he is so far away from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment